I was nominated for a Leibster Award! Go me!! This is really a great thing as a new blog to have others bloggers like what you are doing. I want to thank Jane Lorraine (Honoring Our HAIRatige) and Privy Perspective for both nominating me! I’d also like to thank the WordPress Blogging 101 course. It was a great way to get me motivated and thinking about managing and really shaping this blog. It was also a chance to interact with other bloggers and explore topics and blogs that I might not have discovered otherwise. The bloggesphere is truly an awesome and strange place.
The Leibster Award is an on line award/recognition given to bloggers by other bloggers. The idea of the award is to recognize and discover new bloggers/blogs. This is also a “pay it forward” type of thing. By accepting the award, you have to nominate other bloggers AND answer the questions your nominators gave you. The key is they have to have 200 or less followers. I really like the idea of newbie or small blogs supporting each other and helping to market one another. The internet is a big place, there’s room for everyone. My only difficulty: Every small blog I like already has a Leibster. Great for them….challenge for me. I have actually been working on this post for about two weeks because I need some folks to nominate. I don’t want to be that girl who takes and doesn’t give back.
Here are the official rules:
- Thank and provide a link back to the blog whose author nominated you
- Answer the questions provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Provide 11 facts about yourself
- Name 5-11 blogs that you want to nominate and ask them questions
OK, Well here we go
Fun Facts about Me:
- As a child, I was very shy
- I love Wonder Woman
- I have not been on a “real” vacation in 7 years 😦
- I “went natural” (no chemically processed hair) in 2006, before it was a big thing to do. I just decided I wanted to do it, and figured if I didn’t like it, I could just go back and put a relaxer in.
- I wanted to be an astronaut until the Challenger blew up
- This is my first attempt at blogging
- My secret fun thing to do is curling up on the couch, snacking and watching “rachet” reality shows.
- I love to watch old movie musicals- Stormy Weather and Singin’ in the Rain are my favorites
- When I was 15 or 16, I snuck out of the house and met one of my best friends and our dates to hang out. To this day, my mom still doesn’t know.
- My current job has helped me calm my slight fear of flying, because I travel 1-2 times a month in my busy season.
- I have never had a cavity.
Answers to the Questions asked of Me:
Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? Why?
Sun Sets because I’m not usually up early enough to see a sunrise, if I am, I’m still grumpy. Really, because I think the colors in a sunset are really beautiful. Great oranges and purples….
What is your favorite midnight snack?
Doublestuffed Oreos (I can snack on that anytime though 🙂 )
If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?
Are you happy with the way things turned out?
What is the one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?
Barbie Dream House
What do people do too much of today?
Over share. We don’t need to see every meal you eat and know your every mood swing.
How many pillows do you sleep with?
What’s the farthest you’ve ever been on a holiday?
For holiday/vacation: Nassau, Bahamas.
If you could learn any language fluently, what would it be?
What do you think is the greatest invention ever?
The greatest invention ever….I’m not sure that I could pick one.
What’s your first thought upon waking up?
This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.
If you were in a band, what instrument/role would you play and why?
In a real band where everyone played instruments, I’d play the guitar and sing. Prince and Jimi Hendrix are two of my favorite artists.
So there it is. All you ever wanted to know, and some you didn’t about l’il ol’ me.
Here are a few blogs that I enjoy. I’m not sure that they all fit the criteria for the award, but they deserve to be recognized. Check them out. Follow. Spread the love.
Questions for you:
What made you want to start blogging?
What is your favorite childhood memory?
If you could have dinner with any celebrity or icon, who would you choose?
What is your favorite part of the day?
If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?
If you could not fail, what would you do?
What is your favorite dessert?
Salty or Sweet?
Who would you want to play you in the movie of your life?
What is the last book you read?
What song best describes your life right now?